We live in a world where the hustle and bustle of our daily lives is praised more than it should be. A world where working until you’re done and not until you’re tired is all of a sudden the new standard of living life. Well, guess what? We are here to tell you otherwise! Taking time out of your day to rest your mind and body is an integral part of life, especially when your daily routine starts to become a dreadful list of to-do’s!
You may feel like you don’t have time for rest but once you overwhelm your body and push past your limits, you’ll eventually crash and burn – which is what we want to avoid! So before you reach that point, we want to introduce you to one of Absolute Spa’s favourite brands – Aromatherapy Associates to help get you through this transition. Their natural oils and botanicals have become a daily reminder to many that nature is our greatest healer. With the use of Aromatherapy Associates products and your own daily wellness routine, you’ll be well on your way to creating a life of harmonious balance.
Before we get into creating a wellness routine let’s start off with a five-minute breathing session. If you have any Aromatherapy Associates essential oils on hand, we recommend using De-Stress Mind Roller Ball for the ultimate relaxation session.
- Find a comfortable spot on the couch or the ground. You can be seated on a chair or on the floor with a cushion. Softly rest your hands wherever is most comfortable, relax the shoulders and loosen the jaw…
- As you take your first breath in through the nose, we invite you to gently close your eyes and invite the body to relax… Breathe out and let go of any tension in the body or any thoughts that may arise…
- Let the body breathe naturally and focus on the ins and outs of the breath. Notice where you feel your breath in your body. It might be in your abdomen, your chest, throat, or nostrils. See if you can feel the sensations of breath, one breath at a time…
- You may begin to notice your mind wandering into thought. When this happens, acknowledge that your brain has wandered and then let it be. Gently redirect your attention to the sensations of breathing and continue to focus on the breath for the next couple of minutes…
- When you are ready, gently open your eyes and offer yourself a warm hug and a pat of appreciation for allowing yourself to rest…
How To Create Your Personal Wellness Routine
- Practice Building Restful Habits
Slowing down and breaking the rush of life will take a little practice, but that’s why we’re here! Oftentimes we’ll run straight to the couch and turn on our favourite netflix series – and that’s okay. But lets save that for the weekend and focus on our restful habits. We can easily give this to ourselves proper rest by allowing 30 minutes each day to read, write, meditate, exercise or simply practice gratitude.
Spritz your body, linens, or the air around you and inhale deeply, allowing the refreshing aromas to invigorate your senses.
2. Make Time For Rest
I know this one sounds obvious but when you think about it, giving yourself proper rest is something we all struggle with. Our phones, the television, our work notifications…they all play a part in hindering us from the relaxation we deserve.
We believe that winding down should be something we can all enjoy. I automatically envision a luxurious bath for the ultimate wind-down moment. Think wine, bubbles, chocolate-covered strawberries, and a good book in a hot bath. Ahhh doesn’t that sound amazing already?! Make this time enjoyable and don’t forget to treat yourself because you deserve it! This brings us to our next product recommendation…
Massage onto your torso, cup your hands, bring them to your face and inhale deeply 3 times. Step into a warm bath or shower and enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy. This bottle will provide you with 20 experiences for you to relax your mind and body.
- Create A Routine You Can Follow
Be realistic when creating your wellness routine. You don’t want to overwhelm yourself with another dreadful to-do list, so keep it simple and start slow. Take a look at your day and fill in time slots where you can add a “5-minute meditation” or a “15-minute yoga session.” There are so many different things that can be added to your wellness routine. Just make sure it’s things you like doing – this way you’ll always make it a priority to tick off what’s on your list!
Experience the therapeutic benefits in the Support Breathe Roller Ball by touching it directly onto the pulse points as needed. Its portability makes it the perfect on-the-go application to clear airways as needed.
“If we understand that having breaks and taking care of our mental and physical health actually make us MORE productive, we no longer need to be afraid.”
So whenever you’re feeling overworked or just simply need a break, remind yourself that rest days are just as important as work days.
Looking to shop other Aromatherapy Associates products?